Nothing is quite as satisfying as a bowl of fried rice ? just add in some rice and vegetables or meat if you choose to and you?ve got a simple dish that will go perfectly well with a stir-fry. But, before you start preparing your fried rice, keep in mind that fried rice is best made with day-old rice. Here?s why.
- Freshly cooked rice is hot, steamy, very moist and a little sticky ? this will make your fried rice clumpy and soggy.
- Day-old rice is dryer and will give your fried rice a good texture and will bring out the individual flavours of the other ingredients.
- The ideal rice that we need to use should have a firm outside texture, crispy and nicely separated grains.
If you feel like preparing fried rice but don?t have left-over rice, here?s a trick:
- Cook the rice using ¬ or ? less water to get rice that is a bit drier.
- After the rice is cooked, fluff up the rice and allow it to cool completely and refrigerate the rice for a few hours before cooking.
- Before cooking, use a fork or wet fingers to break up any clumps in the rice.
Now that you know how to prepare rice for fried rice, make sure to try some of the simple and delicious recipes from MAGGI?